Are you planning a weekend trip with your camper or tent and want to explore Germany? In this blog post, we share with you our personal top 3 places for such a trip. At the end, you'll also find a detailed packing list so that you're fully prepared. Whether you're an experienced camper or new to the camping world, these tips will help you make your weekend trip unforgettable.
- The magical mountain landscape of the Black Forest: The Black Forest is a true natural delight and is perfect for a weekend trip. Here you will find a variety of campsites surrounded by dense forests and clear lakes. A popular destination in the Black Forest is Lake Titisee, a picturesque mountain lake that invites you to relax and enjoy. You can take a boat trip on the lake to admire the surrounding landscape or go for a hike along the numerous hiking trails. The Triberg waterfalls are also a highlight in the Black Forest and definitely worth a visit. The Black Forest also offers numerous well-signposted hiking trails, including the famous Westweg and the Schluchtensteig, which take you through the gorges and valleys of the region.
- The most beautiful places on the Baltic Sea: Germany's Baltic coast offers a variety of camping options. From the cliffs of Rügen to the long sandy beaches of the Bay of Lübeck - there is something for everyone here. The island of Rügen is an absolute highlight and attracts visitors with its impressive chalk cliffs in the Jasmund National Park. Here you can explore hiking trails and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Baltic Sea. The Fischland-Darß-Zingst peninsula is known for its pristine beaches and beautiful dune landscapes. Here you can not only relax on the beach, but also try out water sports such as sailing, surfing or kitesurfing. The Baltic Sea coast also offers a rich cultural history, especially in the Hanseatic cities of Lübeck, Wismar and Rostock. Immerse yourself in history, explore the medieval alleyways and sample the regional specialties in the cosy restaurants.
- The Alps in Bavaria: If you like mountain landscapes, then a weekend trip to the Bavarian Alps is an absolute must. From Tyrol to Berchtesgadener Land, the Alps offer numerous camping opportunities with views of fantastic peaks and green valleys. The Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain, is a highlight not to be missed. You can reach the summit by cable car or on foot and enjoy breathtaking panoramic views. The town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen at the foot of the Zugspitze is an ideal starting point for outdoor activities such as hiking, climbing and mountain biking. In winter, it offers first-class ski resorts. The Eibsee is a crystal-clear mountain lake at the foot of the Zugspitze. Enjoy walks, boat trips and swimming in its turquoise waters. The Königsee is also an idyllic mountain lake in the Berchtesgaden National Park. Be sure to take a boat trip and visit the famous pilgrimage church of St. Bartholomä.
Packing list for your weekend trip:
- Tent or camper: Make sure your tent or camper is in good condition and that you have all the equipment you need.
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat: For a comfortable and warm night's sleep.
- Camping chairs and table: Comfortable seating for outdoor meals.
- Camping stove and dishes: For preparing delicious meals
- Water canister: To take drinking water with you.
- Hiking or cycling equipment: Depending on your preferences and the activities on site.
- Outdoor clothing and hiking boots: Suitable clothing for all weather conditions.
- First aid kit: In case of injury or discomfort.
- Torch and batteries: For illumination at night.
- Camping toilet (e.g. Boxio urine-diverting toilet) and washbasin with shower (e.g. Boxio Wash and Boxio Shower): For your hygiene needs.
A weekend trip with a camper or tent offers you the opportunity to take a little time out and recharge your batteries in nature. Whether you choose the Black Forest, the Baltic Sea or the Alps, you'll come back with unforgettable memories and certainly relaxed. Don't forget to check your packing list and make sure you have all the essentials with you. Enjoy the freedom, fresh air and peace and quiet on your weekend trip!
Your Boxio team